Wednesday 17 October 2012

The Rubbish problem with marine litter!!!

The other day I went to checkout another little pup for British Divers Marine Life Rescue, what I saw reminded me of this image I saved on my computer but sadly don't know who came up with it or else I would link to it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
 
 
 
 
Like most Marine Animals marine plastics and litter have a rather negative effect on Seals
 
 
 
 
 
 
These scars around the seals necks are caused by nets and rope getting caught around the seal as it is growing. Sadly they soon grow into it and it cuts right into its flesh. Some seals live like this throughout their life with great open wounds which are extremely painful. If a seal is lucky the net or rope will eventually break but they still wear terrible scars showing what the have had to endure!!
 
 

 
 
 
When I got to the little pup on the beach it was surrounded by harmful debris.............
 
 
 
 
The pup totally unaware of any danger used the litter as a toy.

 
 
 
Today I went there and saw this.....
 
 
 
 
 
Luckily the pup was on the other side of the beach!!
 
 
 
 
 For more info

2 comments:

  1. Keep the great work up :) some very interesting blog's. I look forward to your further progressions, may the public be swayed and clean up their act, Best wishes Jes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind post - I am very glad you found some of my blogs interesting :o)

    ReplyDelete